There are 21 major causes for customer returns that you can not ignore. Returns reflect both lost sales and lost customers. By simply resolving the problem, you can easily build an automation to turn those dissatisfied customers into brand fans.
Returns are made on 30% of all online orders, compared to 8.89% in brick-and-mortar stores. 92% of consumers polled said they would purchase again if the product return process was easy.
When an Amazon customer returns a product, 90% of Amazon Sellers do nothing. But did you know that if the cause is a defective product, Amazon would keep track of it? If this happens repeatedly, Amazon will decide to ban the product.
We have divided customer returns into four (4) Major Categories
- Faulty Products – These are the most critical, since they include a problem with the quality of your product, which you need to address as soon as possible.
- Amazon Fulfillment issues (assuming it is an FBA product) – This may include late delivery, defective packaging, or other issues.
- Found a better price – This is also relevant if you are the sole owner of the brand.
- Others – This may be due to a change of heart, for example.
The complete list is available in the Amazon Seller Central Help (this will require you to login to Seller Central).
How do you use Fulon’s Returns to set up the process?
- You are notified of the return.
- Determine the sequence and purpose for the return.
- Engage the customer and have the appropriate solution. In certain instances, the product is delivered for free.
- Request feedback.
Fulon’s Returns dashboard helps you to see all of your returns in one place. You will find it by going to Analytics → Returns.
You can view the specifics of the return by clicking on the eye button. The following is an example:
Fulon will submit the return information into the CRM (Infusionsoft) under the customer contact custom field:
Fulon can also add the SPARK Tag to the customer contact, which can be used to create an automation campaign to nurture the customer, resolve the issue, and receive positive feedback from the customer.
CRM now has all of the contact details and can begin automatically resolving the issue via the campaign. One example of the campaign is seen below: