Before creating payment gateway driven by PayFast, make sure that you activated appropriate module. Go topage and turn on . Then go to popup editor, click button on Top Toolbar, select tab, click and click button. New gateway based on PayFast will be added. Click to configure it. It has the following parameters:
- Name. The name of the payment gateway. It is used for your convenience.
- Sandbox. Enable sandbox mode.
- Merchant ID. Enter a valid PayFast Merchant ID. The Merchant ID as given by the PayFast system. Used to uniquely identify the receiving account. This can be found on the merchant’s settings page.
- Merchant Key. Enter a valid PayFast Merchant Key. The Merchant Key as given by the PayFast system. Used to uniquely identify the receiving account. This provides an extra level of certainty concerning the correct account as both the ID and the Key must be correct in order for the transaction to proceed. This can be found on the merchant’s settings page.
- Passphrase. Enter a valid Passphrase. The passphrase is an optional/extra security feature, made up of a maximum of 32 characters, which is set by the Merchant in the Settings section of PayFast Dashboard.
- Item name. Enter the item name.
- Amount. Set amount to pay and currency.
- Successful payment URL. The URL where the user is returned to after payment has been successfully taken.
- Cancel URL. The URL where the user should be redirected if they choose to cancel their payment while on the PayFast system.