Table of Contents
A listing should be nothing less than extremely professional and amazing as it is the first step to convert a visitor to a buyer. A simple listing may not even attract the visitors to click on a product even if the product is exactly what they may be looking for.
A listing should act like a magnet to attract customers to check the product.
- Hiring a professional is always recommended for various parts to create a listing that makes a product stand out
- A listing with contents which are well researched can rank higher in the search results
- Creating a listing on Amazon is a simple but detailed process
- EAN number is mandatory to create a listing
- It is recommended to hire local photographers with product photographs as their specialty.
- Clicking pictures otherwise just do not give professional results.
- Product images act as a gateway to the product.
- Brand watermarks on product images take the brand to a next level.
- Videos of the products will always give a broader view to the visitor.
- Any listing rich in keywords will rank higher on search results.
- Paid tools are not required initially.
- Keyword planner by google is available for free to use.
- A spreadsheet with keywords is always helpful.
- Title should consist the top 3 or 4 keywords.
- Keywords used should not repeat.
- Keywords in the title should be product specific.
- Title should be short and should describe the product perfectly.
- Vertical dividers are recommended to be used
- The most important feature of the product is features in a title.
- Amazon offers an option to use 5 bullet points in the description.
- Detailed product features are mentioned in the bullet points.
- Bullet points are generally keyword optimized and help in the ranking.
- It is recommended to keep the bullet points simple and descriptive.
- Important features can be highlighted by using all caps.
- A professional content writer is recommended for this job.
- Description is mostly ignored but can help in ranking.
- This part is used by the visitor to get an extra re-assurance before buying a product.
- Amazon does not provide formatting, but formatting tools are available to use for free.
- Cheating never helps and it is strictly recommended to use the actual sale price.
- It the sale price is higher, and product runs on discount.
- Amazon recognizes it and lowers the ranking.
- Continuous discounts create an unhealthy image of the product.
Enhanced Brand Content
- Available to sellers under the Amazon brand registry program.
- It is a formatting tool available to sellers.
- Another gift to sellers under the Amazon brand registry.
- It is a customized e-commerce store by Amazon.
- Amazon store provides the sellers with a unique customized URL.
- The stores are used to advertise the products outside Amazon.
- A single store handles multiple products and brands.
- Promotions help listings be more prominent and visible.
- Promotions can be offer in the form of Free delivery and Discounts.
- Buy one get one free.
- Buy one get one free can also mean buy 3 get 1 free and can help promote sales in bulk.
- A digital bonus is always known to add a value to the product.
- E.g. Recipe book with the kitchen appliance.
- YouTube videos on how to use a product or something related to the product is a good bonus idea.
- Links to Amazon store can be added to encourage a buyer to return.
You might be interested in learning more about Holiday Sponsored Ads: Effective Advertising Strategies.